Saturday, October 10, 2020

Art Class - Wayne Theibaud Lollipops

 Good evening!


    I believe that the arts - visual art, music and drama are so important for the growth of our children, but art is not something that comes easily to me.  I love to knit and crochet but have difficulty putting colours together and I've never really made friends with a paintbrush.  I wanted to be sure to include some art learning in our homeschool routine.

    Thankfully Pinterest is a treasure trove not only for creative ideas for kids but FREE creative lessons!  Homeschooling through Covid on a budget means free is a wonderful thing!  I came across wonderful sites full of art lessons for elementary and middle school ages!  


Our first art project of the year is a pastel lollipop piece based on the works of Wayne Theibaud.  The lady behind this website, Michelle lays out each art lesson with a little art history/artist background and step by step instructions!




    Using 12 by 18 inch watercolour paper and oil pastels, here are OUR finished pieces!





    I loved how my girls chose to personalize their lollies - Sammy added a rabbit and a mantis and Krista drew a cat and a fish!  (My drawing is pretty run of the mill. ;). ). If you would like to try this art project or you are looking for some art ideas be sure to check out Create Art with ME

    Have a colourful weekend!

Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment